Friday, October 20, 2006

A Letter from ARMY of Republic Of Korea

I got the letter, actually more like an e-mail...
I have less than two weeks before I go into boot camp, I am going to place called NonSan. Nonsan is not that far from where I am at the moment (you can find it at google earth "Nonsan, South Korea").
I am actually going into Army Basic Training facility at Nonsan in Korean 육군훈련소 (If you dont have Korean character enabled it will show up as little squares... :) I found out that I get basic training for 5 weeks during that time I get to do pretty much everything, how to handle guns (in korea uses K1 rifle), throwing grenades and the worst of them all getting SPRAY with capsicum spray or Pepper Spray.
apparently, it is the worst part of the training. you go into the room then room is filled with tear gas, then capsicum sprayed and I should be able to wear chemical protective suit in 10 secounds, then we take off our mask stand there for 3 minutes. yeap cough coughing up tears and breakfast. ahh it will be fun... NOT
anyway this place has website, it is http://www.katc.mil.kr/ You can click on the photo (in the middle of screen) see my face when I get my picture taken later once I go there and finish up my training.
Oh yeah Today I have shaved (no not down there) my hair, its been long enough so I cut my hair today, I had to cut it short for army anyway.
I look same... last two month I have gained few kilos... I was 76kg when I left Perth
(Kimbo I miss our saturday moring run through the causeway and riverside and the Gym). now I weigh 80kg... damm it!. ahh well Army will take care of it.
anyway I do not know how I am going to cope it... but ONE THING IS FOR SURE I will...

:)DO IT WITH SMILE:)

cheers
Joey

No comments: